If you have seen our burger recipe in the black leaflet that we send out with all orders, this is in line with that recipe give or take a few grams either side and at a smaller quantity.
Cook time: 10 - 15mins Prep time: 10 mins Level Beginner
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1000g Meat (with 10% fat ratio)
- 150g Cold Water
- 90g Weschenfelder Burger Seasoning
- 1. Get your meat as cold as you can without freezing the meat. Ideally you want a 10% fat to Mince ratio, you can do this visually or weigh it out using pork back fat. Put your meat through the mincer. For traditional burgers use a 8mm mincing plate to give your burger a good texture.
- 2. Cut your meat and fat up into 1 inch chunks and put it through the mincer. For traditional burgers use a 8mm mincing plate to give your burger a good texture.
- 3. Put the meat into a big bowl. Add your water to the mix and mix well with your hands allowing all the meat to soak up the water.
- 4. Add the seasoning to your minced meat and mix it in thoroughly. The mix should come together a bit like dough does in a bowl when making bread. Put the meat back into fridge or the freezer and leave for 30 minutes until the meat is cold.
- 5. Once the meat is cold, weigh out 200g of mince. Roll the mince into balls and and form into burgers using the bottom of your palm or even better using a burger press.
- 6. Put the burgers back into the fridge until you are ready to cook them.
Weschenfelder Top Tip: If you are using Game meat, use a 20-25% fat ratio otherwise you will find you game burgers are very dry!
For tips on how to cook the ultimate burger… check out our blog The Secrets to Making The Ultimate Burger.