Customer Reviews 7 item(s)
- Brilliant base seasoning
I started to make my own sausages several years ago after moving away from the UK and finding it very difficult to find British style sausages without having to pay absurd prices. I made a lot of seasoning mixes based on recipes I'd found on the net but the sausages didn't taste like those I remember from the UK. This mix is the business though and the perfect base before adding other ingredients and spices to the meat.
And a little goes a long way.
- Outstanding results
- What can I say that has already been said. This product is amazing. 3 kilos prepared and vacuum packed before Christmas. The ones reserved for immediate use were spectacular! Highly recommended.
- Brilliant sausage
- Just made my first batch using Weschenfelder Gold. All I can say is awesome product, great sausage great taste. I Have been a butcher all my life and use to make my own sausages in my own shop for many years. But I can honestly say that all products I have purchased from you are spot on. Will be re-ordering.
- Bang on the money!
- A truly distinctive taste that you'll be sure to recognise. I too found it just a little salty but the overall profile is delicious and the next batch I will use slightly less. I am so proud of the Sausages I have made so far and am looking forward to making many more. Thanks for a superb service!
- Must admit I messed up first batch not following directions properly, did not use enough seasoning, but second batch was brilliant using gold medal seasoning. I would highly recommend watching Scott Rea sausage making masterclass on YouTube ideal for beginner does things slowly, step by step. Would highly recommend wechenfelder fast delivery and great products.
- A classic pork banger flavour
- Weschenfelder's gold seasoning is my choice for a classic, no-nonsense English pork banger. I've made several batches with this seasoning and the results are superb every time.
- Superb Sausages Every Time!
We've tried a few of Weschenfelder's seasoning mixes but always come back to this one - it's popular with everyone we know who have tried it.
Just a personal tip - I reduce the weight of seasoning recommended in the instructions a little - just 10% less (ie if the recipe calls for 100g of Gold Seasoning Mix, I just use 90g, everything else stays the same) - for me, it's just a little too salty otherwise, but I don't use much salt in any of my cooking anyway so that's just my taste!
Try Gold Seasoning, you'll love it!