This is a really nice sweet Italian sausage perfect for a nice summer evenings BBQ.
This recipe uses a ratio of 70% Pork Shoulder and 30% Pork Belly.
Per kilo of meat add the following ingredients.
- 700g Pork Shoulder
- 300g Pork Belly
- 18g Salt
- 3g Fennel Seeds
- 1g Caraway
- 1g Ground Corriander
- 1g Oregano
- 2g Sugar
- 100ml Cold Water
1) Mince the meat through a fairly coarse plate 8mm.
2) Place the Fennel seeds in a pestle and mortar and gently crush to crack the seeds.
3) Add the crushed fennel seed to the meat along with salt, carraway, ground corriander, oregano & sugar.
4) Mix well and stuff into a British Hog Casing or a wide British Sheep Casing.
5) Gently fry in the frying pan or BBQ , turning regularly.