EVENT: The BRITISH CHARCUTERIE AWARDS
When: 12th-14th June, 27th July, 4th-7th August 2019.
Where: The London Geller College of Hospitality, The Game Fair and Countryside Live Show.
The British Charcuterie Awards was set up specifically for British charcuterie producers to showcase their best products against other producers from around the country. In the past 10 years, the charcuterie industry has boomed taking on huge interest from the nations recent love for cured food products such as Chorizo and Coppa.
This year The British Charcuterie Awards 2019 will take place over 3 separate events starting on the 12th June at The London Geller College of Hospitality and finishing at the BBC Country Live Show at Blenheim Palace. The entries will be judged by a panel of Charcuterie Experts to ensure fair and scrupulous results.
Judging Will Take Place at 3 Events.
Main Judging on 12th - 14th June at The London Geller College of Hospitality and Tourism, UWL.
Final Judging for the Best British Game Charcuterie Product on 27th July at The Game Fair.
Final Judging for Champion of Champions Producer, Champion of Champions Product, Best British New Charcuterie Product launched and Best Traditional or Heritage Breed Product on 1st August in The British Charcuterie Tent at BBC Countryfile Live when all the results will be revealed.
8 Classes for Entry
- Class 1 Cured, Air-Dried & Ready-to-Eat Whole Muscle Products
- Class 2 Cured & Cooked Whole Muscle Products
- Class 3 Cured, Fermented & Air Dried Ready-to-Eat Sausage Products
- Class 4 Cured & Cooked Sausage Products
- Class 5 Soft & Spreadable Products
- Class 6 Cured Bacon
- Class 7 British Regional Products (Sponsored by Weschenfelder Direct)
- Class 8 "House Made" Products
The above categories will be used to put forward entries for the STAR AWARDS.
- Champion of Champions Product.
- Champion of Champions Producer.
- NEW THIS YEAR - Best Game Product (Judged at the Game Fair on 27th July).
- NEW THIS YEAR - Best New Product.
- Best Traditional or Heritage Breed Product.